- Used Zammad version: 6.1
- Used Zammad installation type: package
- Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
- Browser + version: all
- Be able to choose the role of unknown users, who login for the first time through a third-party application like Microsoft O365. Because we will use this for the agents with a single tenant I would want these users to be all Agents by default.
- I can’t find a setting which controls what role will a unknown user be assigned to after authenticated for the first time over Microsoft O365. Maybe not in the UI, but from the rails console?
- Setup (single-tenant) Authentication via Microsoft under /#settings/security
- Turn off base login and leave Microsoft the only login option (doesn’t matter for the question here…)
- What role will newly authenticated Microsoft users be assigned to? Try to define this…
The docs are not telling much about this. Probably the users will be customers, because this is “Default at sign up” in /#manage/roles.