• Used Zammad installation source: docker zammad/zammad:3.6.0-23
  • Operating system: ubuntu 20.0.4 docker host
  • Browser + version: Chrome latest

Expected behavior:

• Delete Users with the click of a button

Actual behavior:

• Can’t delete anything even with rails console

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Run rails commands to delete users after having their tickets deleted via the scheduler

For some context, I have read through github issues and the community forums, as far as I can find on the indexed ones. I note some github issues such as #381, #2074 etc. all mention the GDPR issues related to deleting users.

I’ve even looked at the zammad documentation for rails commands and tried the commands there, as well as the script in #2074.

Not technical in rails, but I tested the commands, and they didn’t seem to return anything. I SSH’d into the docker container, and cd /opt/zammad, then ran rails c to start the console. Typed a number of different commands but couldn’t delete the customers… It shouldn’t be so difficult to do this as a non-technical user!

Now, I’m all for data protection, but in this case, I’ve not even put the server into production yet, but there are settings that I have already prepared, so it would be too late to start again from scratch.

I accidentally over-imported some unnecessary tickets, and had them removed using the scheduler in the UI. But this leaves a bunch of Customer user accounts with no tickets. Tried running the script in #2074 to remove this to no avail…

So I ask, since this topic seems to be very elusive… What is the DE FACTO way to remove all Customers? Is there a non-technical user method for doing this?

Sorry but nobody will be able to help you without actual error messages or code examples.
Anyway, as you wrote 3.6.0-23 my guess is you’re actually talking about Zammad 3.4.

The best and easiest way? Upgrade to Zammad 3.5, get rid of some security issues and use the built in data privacy function: https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/system/data-privacy.html

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.