Datetime field setting a date although it's not required

  • Used Zammad version: 5.0.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Debian 9
  • Browser + version: Chrome and Firefox latest

Expected behavior:

  • The datetime can be unset and stay like that throughout the entire ticket lifecycle.

Actual behavior:

  • When I create a ticket and then go inside it, then the field with a datetime format automatically enters a date. See the screenshots for more detail. This has changed since I have updated to 5.0.1, before it worked as expected.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

  1. Create a ticket object with the format datetime, then set all the options to only be shown, but not required.
  2. Create a ticket where the the created object with the datetime format is not set.
  3. Close the tab and open it again.
  4. You now have a date that is set and is required. If you want to close the tab, then you’re informed that the changes will be lost, although you haven’t made any change.

Here the object in the zammad console:

irb(main):001:0> ObjectManager::Attribute.find_by(name:“due_date”)
=> #<ObjectManager::Attribute id: 54, object_lookup_id: 2, name: “due_date”, display: “Fälligkeitsdatum”, data_type: “datetime”, data_option: {“future”=>true, “past”=>true, “diff”=>0, “default”=>nil, “null”=>true, “options”=>{}, “relation”=>""}, data_option_new: {}, editable: true, active: true, screens: {“create_middle”=>{“ticket.customer”=>{“shown”=>true, “required”=>false, “item_class”=>“column”}, “ticket.agent”=>{“shown”=>true, “required”=>false, “item_class”=>“column”}}, “edit”=>{“ticket.customer”=>{“shown”=>true, “required”=>false}, “ticket.agent”=>{“shown”=>true, “required”=>false}}}, to_create: false, to_migrate: false, to_delete: false, to_config: false, position: 1650, created_by_id: 3, updated_by_id: 47, created_at: “2021-03-15 15:52:31”, updated_at: “2021-12-06 15:51:03”>

Here the object in the web interface:

Here some Screenshots:

I updated to version 5.0.3 and the problem was still there, but I had to delete my SLA’s as I couldn’t create tickets. After deleting them, the field was not required anymore…

I will try to recreate them and see how it behaves after that.

I recreated my SLA’s and the problem didn’t appear again. The issue was probably linked to my SLA’s as I have the due_date as a condition.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.