Customer specific SLAs

Hi,

I haven’t found a corresponding thread, so here is my feature request for assignable SLAs for customers.
In many cases, companies use a set of global SLAs like for example basic, extendend an full.

So my first thought was, to add those in the SLA section in zammad settings.
So I did. Afterwards I wanted to assign this SLA to a specific customer. But to my surprise there is no easy way to do so.

So this is my feature request:
Possibility to assign SLA(s) to a customer
Also a possibility to assign a SLA to a set of customers at once would be handy.

It could look like this from the customer edit view:

Later on, these SLAs could also be used to create reports to analyze the response times for specific customers :slight_smile:

What do you think?

Thanks and best regards

1 Like

Hi :wave:t2: Why not just filter by customer or organisation within the SLA options?

The integrated SLA have a lot of Parameters, that I don’t want to set specific for each customer.

Instead, we just have 4 Types of SLA. We gave them a Name (24/7, flatrate, non-flatrate etc.).

We created corresponding objects in the Customer Page.

And added the objects to 4 Types of SLA in the SLA Section.

That way, each customer gets the correct SLA.

I don’t think there is any need to change.

1 Like

Hi :wave:t2: Why not just filter by customer or organisation within the SLA options?

Of course, that is a legit way to do, but we have 300+ Customers and adding all of them to in the filter would be very tedious task, apart from the performance impact that would possibly arise.

We created corresponding objects in the Customer Page.
And added the objects to 4 Types of SLA in the SLA Section.
That way, each customer gets the correct SLA.

That sounds interesting, could you show some screenshots of your solution?

1 Like

Of course. One example: I created the SLA “Flatrate Standard” für customers with a flatrate contract:

Corresponding Object “Vertrag”, in “organisation”:

That’s one of my SLA Solutions.
My Employees don’t need to understand all the SLA variables.
But they know: Does that customer have a flatrate?

So flatrate Users will get high priority by default.

3 Likes

That’s a smart way to handle this topic! :slight_smile:

I got inspired by your approach and added a custom object to organization, but instead as selection, so you can choose wich SLA level a customer has subscribed to.
In SLA settings I just filtered for the selected custom object and configured the corresponding times.

Thank you very much for your help in this issue!
So to sum it up: No additional feature needed here :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.