Customer lookup not working after Zammad upgrade


  • Used Zammad version: 5.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20 on Oracle virtual box
  • Browser + version: Firefox 100

I upgraded Zammad following instructions on Updating Zammad — Zammad documentation and elasticsearch extra Updating Zammad — Zammad documentation

Everything seems to be OK except when I shut down the VM. Upon restarting the VM I can’t pull up any customers. The only way to fix the problem is to;

  • systemctl stop zammad
  • zammad run rails r “Cache.clear”
  • apt update
  • apt upgrade
  • zammad run rake searchindex:rebuild
  • systemctl start zammad

any assistance is appreciated

I think elsaticsearch start timed out - Not Sure why but I found out with the following command

journalctl -u elasticsearch.service

Mar 05 15:26:36 gdctickets systemd[1]: Starting Elasticsearch…
Mar 05 15:27:53 gdctickets systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: start operation timed out. Terminating.
Mar 05 15:27:54 gdctickets systemd[1]: elasticsearch.service: Failed with result ‘timeout’.
Mar 05 15:27:54 gdctickets systemd[1]: Failed to start Elasticsearch.

A few google searches suggested increasing the start time so I did with the following . I think its good now

sudo mkdir /etc/systemd/system/elasticsearch.service.d
echo -e “[Service]\nTimeoutStartSec=180” | sudo tee /etc/systemd/system/elasticsearch.service.d/startup-timeout.conf

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.