Customer and Organisation in email notification

Hello,

when a ticket is created or updated an email notification is sent to the agent, containing the Topic, the content, the assignement group and the status.

Is there a way to also include the customer and the organisation the ticket is opened for?

Best regards

• Used Zammad version: 3.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) rpm
  • Operating system: CentOS 7

Are you talking about agent notifications or customer notifications ?

I am talking about the agent notifications.

I’m using version 3.3.0 and when a new ticket is created trough e-mail channel the notification to agents looks like this (not original text, I translated it from German to English):

Hello <agent-name>,

a new ticket (<ticket-title>) was created by “<customer name> (<organization name>)”.

Group: <group name>
Owner: -

Information:
<email from customer>

I’m not sure, but I’m not aware that we would have made changes to achieve this. Therefore, I think that this is a default setting. Or at least there is a way.

Update notifications indeed don’t include customer and notification.

Zammad uses templates for agent based notifications.
While you can change them, changing those files is not update safe and thus requires you to patch your changes back after updating.

You can find the templates here:

Yes you can change the e-mail template to include this information and it will also be update safe. The e-mail templates are at /opt/zammad/app/views/mailer/. To change the notification for an initial ticket creation you make a copy of the file ticket_create/yourlanguage.html.erb and name it yourlanguage.html.erb.custom. In this file you can edit everything and add this line to get customer and organisation:
#{t(‘Customer’)}: #{ticket.customer.longname}

You can find the available Variables here https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/system/variables/ticket.html

Thanks for all the answers, I will test it this week.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.