Create template for clients not operators

Infos:

Important:
If you are a Zammad Support or hosted customer and experience a technical issue, please refer to: support@zammad.com using your zammad-hostname / or company contract.

• Used Zammad version: 2.8
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) package
  • Operating system: debian 9
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

I want this as example:

Actual behavior:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

I read the docs to craete models but that just works for operators and there I see the templates… But for clients the persons where just login with their emails and just have the “new ticket” as permission I need to create a template for that text body like screenshot.
I see something in object but don’t know how link any object / client / templates

thanks in advance for all

1 Like

You can add custom objects, sadly these objects will apply to all new tickets, so you cannot assign certain objects to certain types of tickets or even depending on group or customer.

So isn’t possible right? If i set a new group like operators with custom permissions to just create new ticket and only that as operator i can add a template for that would be solve the issue meanwhile zammad develop this feature, to settings templates in the admin panel?
So new client would be like operator using a template with only new ticket function as plan B

Please clarify if I got you wrong.

I think, making customers to agents is a bad idea because of multiple reasons. One of them is you cannot restrict certain permissions which come with the Agent role. Such as the ability to create new customers (!) or accessing the dashboard.

Additionally, agents can access the ticket templates. Okay, this is what we want to achieve in some way. But in the current Zammad version, they are allowed to use, edit and delete all templates.

Side note:
I recently contacted Zammad because my employer also wants this feature (even though it has a lower priority compared to other missing features). The idea was to add an admin menu to create ticket templates and share them with certain customers, maybe based on their organization or assigned role. Customers should not be allowed to create, edit or delete those templates.

Thanks for the suggest, I understood, so at the end not would be possible, meanwhile or we change the ticket system or the boss no use template till the feature would be developed.
Thanks for the all tips

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.