Create a report profile with wildcards

We are in the process to evaluate a replacement of our existing ticketsystem and Zammad seemt to be a great choice. But for now, i struggle by creating some reports.

• Used Zammad version: 2.4
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) : Yum Repository
  • Operating system: Centos7
  • Browser + version: Firefox 59.0.3

Expected behavior:

I’d like to create a report profile for all tickets wich have some text in a custom field (called SPR#). So I’ve created a profile called TicketsWithSpr using the following filter “SPR#” “contains” “%”.

Actual behavior:

On the profile creation page the preview shows correctly a list of tickets which have set a value for SPR#.

On the page for the report the ticketcount is always 0.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create a custom Object (string) for tickets (e.,g spr)
  • Create some tickets with a value for the new object
  • Create a new report profile: “spr” “contains” “%”
  • have a look at the resulting report

I may missunderstand somethin essentialy regarding reports an wildcards… Does anyone have created a report filtering for “not empty fields”?

Thanks and best regards!
Kay

Hi @kgoldinger - You are right. This is currently not supported. The focus of Zammad is to provide a whole ticketing system. A part of this is a basic reporting functionality. However, this has limits and you encountered one of those. Instead of building a a full featured reporting system we decided to let other do this job - who can do this much better! Therefore we are working on a Grafana integration. This is not done yet and we actually have no official release date yet.

Hi @thorsteneckel

Thanks a lot for clarification, in this case I can save time and efforts regarding the reporting functionality of zammad. I already had a short look at grafana but didn’t succeed to configure it on a quick and dirty base. Maybe I’ll dig a bit depper into the configuration of grafana and elasticsearch or I’ll just wait for the zammad integration.

@all
Does someone in the community already have a working installation of zammad and grafana?

best regards
Kay

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.