Create a custom button to send a complete ticket history as email

Hi,
I am trying to add a custom button to the ticket zoom view, specifically next to the blue “Update”-Button. When clicked, an email should be sent to a given address, containing every article and preferably attachement of the current ticket.

I managed to add the button to the UI in app/assets/javascripts/app/views/ticket_zoom/attribute_bar.jst.eco and I know that I can listen to it being pressed in ...app/controllers/ticket_zoom/attribute_bar.coffee.
But I fail to get any further.

I tried to call a node script on the same machine via ajax in attribute_bar.coffe, but since node cannot listen on the same port as zammad, the Content-Security-Policy prevents a successfull call to the script.

Did I overlook something? Or is there maybe a better solution to my problem?

Thanks, Henry

Hi, maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but what I do is activate the Email - Full Quote option

and then

From there, you could always use the “forward” button to send the whole history to an email of your choosing.

Thanks for the response. I didn’t know about that feature, I think it will come in handy. Anyways, I’ve started to implement a new ruby on rails controller and mailer, I think that’s the best and cleanest approach.

ok, share it with us when ready, if you can. Thanks.

Hey, what came of this? :slight_smile:

not much. Requirements changed, and the feature wasn’t needed anymore.
Sorry!