Core Workflow with multi tree select

• Used Zammad version: 5.2
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Debian 10
  • Browser + version: Safari (newest)

Expected behavior:

• I want to remove every option from a multi tree select when closing a ticket using Core Workflow.
  • i.e. when closing the ticket, the fields contents should be an empty array

Actual behavior:

• Nothing I tried resulted in the field being empty after saving the ticket.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create custom object from type ‚multi tree select‘ with a few options
  • Select one or more values within an open ticket and update the ticket
  • Create Workflow to empty the ‚multi tree select‘ when the ticket gets closed

First, I tried ‚remove‘ but then realised the documentation states that removing fields will preserve the current value. Then, I tried ‚hide‘ in combination with ’select’ ("Select a specific value within a select, tree select or boolean fields.“).

Hi there,
could you elaborate on the subject or include a screenshot as I’m not sure to have an idea what you really mean?
I’d would grateful.
Best regards,
Agata

Sure: I want to have a custom workflow remove all(!) options from a ‚multi tree select‘ (new object type since Zammad 5.2) when changing the status to ‚closed‘. My workflow only seems to remove the ’new’ options in the editing mask, but I want all previously stored values (within the database) gone after updating.

Creation mask:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-06 um 11.49.47

Editing mask:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-06 um 11.50.42

Thanks for your reply.
What a good idea! I wonder if I come upp with a solution to the problem. Should you beat me to it, I’d be delighted to hear from you.
Agata

1 Like

My current solution: I created a trigger that removes the object’s contents as soon as the ticket got closed.

Not sure if this is expected, but maybe someone from the team will weigh in on that :wink:

Hi there, I thought about a trigger as well. Thing is though, that when a user in on holiday or absent for a longer period of time, setting a definite time makes it impossilble to a person to react.

Or is it exactly what you wanted?

All the best,

Agata

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.