Change next ticket number

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: deb
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04

Request

We were wondering if it’s possible to change the auto increment of the next created ticket. We import tickets in our own CRM and we already have lower numbers assigned for other tasks, so we’d like to move forward Zammad pointer in order to avoid overlaps.

We made a quick search on the DB but weren’t able to find where to set it.

Thanks

Zammad is using increments which is why you can’t really tell Zammad to skip n numbers if not used yet.
Possibly via database layer but I’d strongly suggest against hacking that.

If you’re starting from 0 you could import the tickets in question before hand.
Other than that it’s probably not easy to help you depending on your use case.

Usually ticket numbers should be unique - so if you just started and your CRM happens to have the exact same ticket numbers like your Zammad does I’d be a bit worried.

We did import existing ticket, we just would like to leave a gap between old and new, or if you prefer start from an round number. Of course we’ve made our consideration to avoid number overlapping… It’s just a matter of skipping ahead the counter

We’re definitely having a similar issue after import from FreshDesk. We just did an import of 30K tickets from FreshDesk, and the next ticket number that Zammad is assigning is smaller than our existing numbers that it imported, meaning that at some point there’s going to be a conflict.

Note that we’re talking about the user-facing “number” field, NOT the internal “id” field.

You can’t force Zammad to start at a specific number I’m afraid.
This is the relevant code in my opinion: