Cant upload Attachment

Hello Community,

Currently i have a huge problem with uploading attachments into a ticket.
For some users it won’t work as expected and the upload get stuck and won’t finish.
So they are not able to click the update button to save the internal note including the attachment.
If you need mor information to help me do not hesitate to contact me :slightly_smiling_face:

Thenks u a lot and best regard’s

Jan

Expected behavior:

• Attachment upload is working

Actual behavior:

• Some users cant upload attachments into a ticket.
    The Upload stucks sometimes at 30% or 90% or 100%.
    For working uploads i can see the POST requests in production.log
    But i cant see any kind of request for a failed/stuck upload.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Currently i am not able to reproduce this issue. I personally do not have this issue on my ubuntu desktop. I’ve deployed a local Windows VM to reproduce this issue but with no luck…its working fine for me.

Hello Again,
while taking a look into the ngnix Logs i’ve found both post requests for attachment upload.

This is from my PC(Upload Working fine)

1. [16/Sep/2020:15:10:17 +0000] “POST /api/v1/upload_caches/268913120 HTTP/1.1” 200 127 “http://ticketsxxx.xxx/” “Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:80.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/80.0”

This is from a pc of a Colleque(Upload gettin stuck)
2. 192.168.2.54 - - [16/Sep/2020:15:10:12 +0000] “POST /api/v1/upload_caches/268978652 HTTP/1.1” 408 0 “http://tickets.xxx.xxx/” “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:80.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/80.0”

The only thing i discovered is that the post request of Machine 2 took 10 times longer to appear in the logs than mine.

After some time the progress bar will fill to 100% on the affected computers but the upload button remains not cickable…

How big are the files you want to upload?

Hey Georg,

thanks for your reply.

I tried to upload files with sizes between 50kb and round about 4mb.
So i think it isn’t related to any kind of Filesize restriction.
Meanwhile i switched to “file system storage” instead of database storage but with no luck…

What are the differences between you and the users that complain?
When I ask above question, I literally mean every possible difference - also the network path.

So e.g. if your users life behind a load balanced uplink, this can cause issues.
Browsers may cause difference as well, maybe also have a look at browser addons that may possibly interfere.

Also, when testing this ensure that you test this issue in the same time frame like your users, because it also may be performance related.

If your users can permanently reproduce it, please open a developer console on the affected browser, reload the webapp cleanly and try again. Any errors appearing within the console log of the dev console?

Hi,
atm there is no difference wich can explain this error.
I’ve tested the browser Versions, Addons with no luck.
I’ve tested this within the same Timeframe.
Currently all users are in one Subnet. So there is no chance for Problems related to Layer3.
I will take a look with a development console like u described on the affected PC’s within the next days.

Thanks so far for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.