Bug? Wrong Username in Ticket-Item

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.3.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) deb
  • Operating system: Ubuntu
  • Browser + version: Chrome (latest)

Expected behavior:

• If you create a Ticket for a Customer, the first Ticket-Item should be set to the Agent, who created the Ticket, so everybody knows, who is responsable for the item.

Actual behavior:

• The first entry is filled with the username of the customer and nobody sees, who has created the entry:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• create a ticket with the green plus-sign down left and insert a customer.

Is this a bug or a feature? And if it’s a feature: how to deactivate it?

greetings,

daniel

I think this normal, if im not mistaken if you are the one created ticket for customer from outgoing call to see the what customer requested,

If you can see at the history your the one created an article for that customer.

if you passed the ticket to another agent he/she can notice that.

thank you

Shinichi is correct.
This is working as designed.

Reason behind this is that you usually (especially when creating an incoming phone tickmet) your customer is technically the the initiator of the ticket which is why, even though the agent does create the ticket, show the first article being from the customer.

Sorry for the delay.

OK, I get the intention behind it.
But shouldn’t be there something like a Flag or so, so that every agent is able to see, that this entry (and therefore also the whole ticket) was created by an agent?

Background:
Currently, we are using the Ticketsystem completely internal. The Customer doesn’t even recognize when we are creating tickets in his name, but all other agents should see who has physically added the entry.

greetings,

daniel

In our setup when customer report any concern via phone call we already advised them that we created a ticket in the system to monitor the update.

for the flag/notification i think workaround for this is trigger that send a internal note so only agent can see.

for the customer

you can create a trigger once agent created a ticket for that customer she/he can get an email notification.

Thank You

I understand that.
The UI directly doesn’t show that at this very moment - but the history does:

I think the main reason is that for Zammad, technically spoken, the sender is the customer you’re creating the ticket for. It’s under the hood a classical “create as user xyz” :x

Ah, understood.

OK, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.