Bug: CTR+X not working (hidden) on forward or answer

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: latest
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …)
  • Operating system: Ubuntu Server / Windows 10 Client latest
  • Browser + version: Chrome latest

Expected behavior:

On forward or answer a ticket using ctr+x to cut a mail address.
The “cutted” mail adress have to be “cutted”.
And not to send to the cutted receiver

Actual behavior:

On forward or answer a ticket using ctr+x to cut a mail address.
Zammad sends to the cutted receiver

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Take a Ticket.
Use the auto type in for a customer
Use ctr + x to cut the mail
Send the ticket / mail
You see only on the send item that the cutted receiver get the mail

Do I understand correctly…

You’re selecting a ticket customer and then try to remove the email address from that field?
I mean… why would you? This doesn’t make much sense in my opinion and also won’t work because Zammad is working with a reference there.

Maybe I’m not understanding the use case or the way on how to reproduce it.

Hi, sorry for the late response.

Im using the auto fill from zammad to search the mail adress, cut it and paste it to the mail.
Then the adress field is empty, after i press on send, zammad sent it to the cuttet reciepent.

Sorry but that’s not really a bug but something you imply by using “CUT” for “copying” content from the TO or CC field. You have to make sure that the content in “TO” or “CC” is correct and complete. If it’s not, it’s not really something that we can make sure of for you.

The content TO or CC field is empty… because i CUT the mail adress and PASTE it in to the text field of the ticket. When i click send zammad send it to the CUT mail adress.

I see what you mean.
At least on a now current Zammad 4.0 this is not working as easy any more.

In my browser (Chrome) I have to double click on the recipient to reproduce what you’re talking about.
Personally I think it’s edgy, if it’s still in the way for you, please create a bug report at GitHub - zammad/zammad: Zammad is a web based open source helpdesk/customer support system and link the issue here.

If possible please also provide a screen cast.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.