Broken layout of zammad after update from 3.2 to 3.5

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.2.0-1582619840
  • Used Zammad installation source: package via apt-get
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
  • Browser + version: Firefox 83.0

Currently I’m running a zammad 3.2 installation on a Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS system. I installed all missing updates for Ubuntu via apt-get except the zammad update to version 3.5. When I install the described zammad update, everything seems alright. I get no errors during the installation process.

Bute when I open the zammad dashboard after finishing the installation, the layout of the dashboard is totally broken, all the content is displayed line by line with white background and a big nginx logo at the top. All the content is there, so the connection to the database is working.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Why is the layout broken and how can I repair it? Fortunately I have a snapshot of the installation before the update, so I can always go back and try once more.

I’m far from an expert but sounds like it might be CSS issue. If you look at the developer mode in your browser and see if it is unable to open a css file(s). That may point you in the right direction.

Good luck

Hey there,
Might be completely useless, but have you tried refreshing the page while forcing to bypass the cache ? On Firefox, you can do that with the following key shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT + R

Edit: Ways to do it in other browsers : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bypass_your_cache#Google_Chrome

If this is still current please also provide a screenshot.
Right now this really sounds like your nginx does not deliver a Zammad related page.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.