Be ablt to enter date and time with articles

Hi,
For my particular use case it would be really, really…,really nice to also be able to enter date and time when entering an article (default to current date and time).
Is this something you could be persuaded to build?
Kind regards,
Jeroen Baten

If I get you correctly: You want to update a custom object which is a datetime field?

Just add the objects name and it’s value into the payload (note: Not the display name :slight_smile: ) like so:

URL: `/api/v1/tickets/{TicketID}

[...]
"mysuperdate": "2019-06-22T09:27:17.22Z"
[...]

Please be carefull: You shouldn’t use time_unit here, it will reset the value to what you ship here which might be unwanted.

Yes, but actually I meant to have that in the webgui. For mere mortals to be able to use :slight_smile:

Well sorry, I guess I don’t get your problem then? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Boy, do I feel stupid now… :slight_smile:

No worries, that was easier than I anticipated :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, it;'s gonna be like that then? :smile:. Just wait till I master the art of Ruby! :smile: If only there were more hours in a day…

Hm, upon closer inspection I don’t see a date and time entry widget of here. Running 3.0.0. Any idea what could cause this?

Not yet :wink:
You did create a new ticket object “date” / “datetime” and afterwards updated the database followed by a restart of Zammad service?

I did NOT make a new Ticket attribute in Admin->System->Objects, if that is what you mean.
Oh wait! That’s what you meant in the beginning with a custom object. No. I meant would it be possible to edit the created_at date time when submitting the article.

ah… now we’re talking ^^"
No, there’s no way to manipulate the created_at time via UI.

To be honest, I don’t see the use case behind this (yet).
Why would you want to allow that to your agent?
I se potential arrows in your knees :x