Automatically delete users/customers if they have no tickets assigned

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: ubuntu 20.04
  • Browser + version: firefox108 / chrome109

Expected behavior:

• having an option in the scheduler to delete users/customers without tickets assigned

Actual behavior:

• not possible as far as I saw

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• try to add a schedule to do expected behaviour

Further infos:
I understand there have been several discussions about this topic already and there technically is the option to do that manually under “System > data privacy”. I still think it would be helpful to do above in an automated manner. This would save time and also make it easier for end users to fulfill this task.
(by having them assign a tag “delete” and then having 2 seperate scheduled jobs to first delete the tagged tickets and then check for customers without any tickets and delete those)

I dont see a reason to have users without tickets in the system as they would just be re created should they create a ticket again.
So unless I am missing some vital information I see no reason to have this “hidden” behind a seperate function/feature?

1 Like

Sorry there’s no such function to clean up existing users no matter if by age or by being empty.
Especially users with no tickets and their removal might even collide with LDAP sync as it creates users no matter if you need them at all if that’s what the ldap search result returns.

That’s an feature request I’m afraid - you can create it on the following category if there’s not yet a fitting topic:

I’m curious if you can elaborate on your comment above and the documentation pointers regarding GDPRs “Right to be Forgotten”?
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/appendix/privacy.html

On a first read these seem to be 2 opposing statements to me, but I’m wondering if I’m missing/ misunderstanding something here?

He’s talking about deleting users automatically - there’s no option for that (which is the question of this thread).
As stated in the docs you linked yourself you’re perfectly able to delete users manually.

cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.