Allow agents to be invited even after the first steps have been completed

Hi!

At the moment, after installing Zammad in the first steps, it is possible to invite agents without having to set a password for them, for example.
However, if I want to add new agents after completing these first steps, the only option is to create new users, i.e. set a password and somehow communicate it to the agents or create an account in AD.

It would be really great if I, as an admin, didn’t have to set a password for all agents and didn’t have to worry about the most secure way to give them the password.

Thanks for your great work!

1 Like

Or you set and forget an password and request your agent to use the forgot password function.
I know very few admins that would want to know the password of their user and actually give them the passwords except for an initial required password for e.g. mail or LDAP.

However, asking the agents to use the forget password feature does not make as good a professional impression as inviting them to set a password themselves. Some of our agents are external, so we make a special effort to leave a good impression, even with the tools we use.

You did never look at the invite mails did you? You still have to use the forgot password function.
If that’s not suiting your needs, feel free to adjust the descirption of your first article accordingly so that your goal is more clear.

As described, I did not send out any invitation emails. I didn’t want you to be pissed off. Personally, though, I think it would make a more professional impression if you didn’t have to change your password through the password forgetting process. But if that is not desired or not the focus, also OK. I just wanted to contribute positively with my thoughts to the development of what seems to be a very great project.

I’m not pissed off at all. Every contribution is welcome and important.

1 Like

Hello, just started using zammad and loving it.

But here I have to agree. Every other software I can think of my head has such an invite flow.

It would be a lot more professional to be able to invite users per invite email where the immediately can set their passwords themsevles.

Removes friction, is a lot more professional and should’nt be that much of an effort to change this.

It pays a lot of dividends in relation to the effort required imho.

Thank you for considering.

On the dashboard, you can click “First steps” at the top, there you will find the invitation-feature, even after the first steps wizard has completed.

The pain paint here is the missing option to provide a password after clicking on the invite link as far as I understood.

Understood. Would an invite link not entail a fresh password creation ?

Thank you for the hint to check the First steps. Yes that link works great.
I wonder making this first steps page customizable per group would be a REALLY neat way to onboard new members.

and move the invite link to the admin area for user management :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.